01-01-2020 - Changes Highlighted (valid to 31/12/2024)
BLACK BALL POTTED ON THE BREAK SHOT: Call: - “Void Break” . (Retrieve all Balls and re-rack) … ”Same Player to Re-start Frame, No Penalty”.
FOUL BREAK: Call: - “Foul Break” …… (Re-rack Balls) ...… “Opponent to Re-start Frame with Two Visits”.
CUE BALL POTTED ON A FAIR BREAK: Call: - “Foul” …... Timing to re-start on handing the cue ball to the oncoming player. Call: - “One Visit, Time Running”.
- In the event of a player showing reluctance to accept the cue ball, i.e., Gamesmanship, place the cue ball on the baulk rail and call;- “Time Running”.
ANY STANDARD FOUL WHEN GROUP NOT ESTABLISHED: Call: - “Foul, Two Visits”.
- If it is the first time a player is in/takes control of the table. Call: - “Foul, Two Visits…Open Table”.
BREAK SHOT, ANY LEGAL BALL(S) POTTED: Call: - “Balls Potted”…
- If player nominates the group potted Call: - “Red/Yellow Balls in Play”.
- If player nominates the group not potted Call: - “Red/Yellow Balls Nominated”.
- If colour nominated is then potted Call: - “Red/Yellow Balls in Play”.
- Failure to pot nominated colour Call: - “Open Table”.
BREAK SHOT, FAIR BREAK, NO BALLS POTTED: Call: - “Open Table”.
- Should the next shot not establish a group, Call: - “Open Table” to the breaking player on their first return to the table.
OPEN TABLE ANY LEGAL BALL POTTED Call: -“Red/Yellow Balls in Play”
OPEN TABLE BOTH GROUPS POTTED Call: “Balls Potted”
- If player nominates a colour, Call “Red/Yellow Balls in Play”
- If player fails to nominate Call: “Foul 2 visits, Open table”
FIRST APPROACH AFTER GROUPS ARE ESTABLISHED: On the first time only, that a player is in/takes control of the table, after groups have been established. Call: - “Red/Yellow Balls in Play”.
ANY STANDARD FOULS DURING A FRAME: Call: - “Foul, Two Visits”. No further call is made (other than time calls/fouls) until a pot “on” is missed. Then Call: - “Second Visit”. No call is made at the end of this visit.
NON STANDARD FOULS: Call: - “Foul”. Then impose relevant penalty and/or await direction from the oncoming player. Add “Open Table” if no group established and it is the first time a player is in/takes control of the table.
LOSS OF FRAME FOULS: Call: - “Loss of Frame”. Explain reason.
TIME FOULS: At 30 seconds, Call: - “Thirty Seconds”. This must be called on time even if the player appears to be about to stroke the shot. At Sixty Seconds, Call: - “Time Foul, Two Visits”. Add “Open Table” if no group established and it is the first time a player is in/takes control of the table
TIME OUT: If Time Out is granted or required by the Referee, Call: - “Time Out”.
At the end of the Time Out period, Call: - “Time Running”.
TOUCHING BALL(S): When the cue ball is in contact with any ball(s) “on”, Call: - “Touching Ball(s)”. Clearly point to ball(s) in contact with cue ball.
TOTAL SNOOKER/FOUL SNOOKER: After a request from a player only, Call: - “Total/Foul/Jaw Snooker”, or as appropriate, with “Time Out” calls if necessary.
STALEMATE: If the Stalemate Rule is invoked, Call: - “Stalemate, Re-start of Frame, Same Player to Break”, “One Visit”.
BALL NOMINATION: Where a player has a right of ball nomination, after nomination, point to nominated ball and Call: - "Red/Yellow/Black Ball Nominated"
REFERENCE: The Playing Rules are the copyright of the World Eight-ball Pool Federation